Friday, March 9, 2012

Pickled Peppers



I pickled peppers today - jalapeño peppers to be specific.  I had about 8 jalapeños laying around waiting to be used and I realized that I was out of pickled peppers - which I LOVE on pizza - so I decided to make a quick pickle.  This is what I used:  1/2 jar of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and the 8 jalapeños sliced up.  That's it.  All into the jar and shake it up baby!  Put it in the refrigerator and you are good to go!   Just remember to wash your hands well after handling peppers and don't touch your face for the rest of the day!

6 comments:

  1. Darn Lea - we buy these things by the case load. If Steve sees this, we'll be makin' 'em. Bet they're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June - I normally buy them also, but I can't go shopping with this darn leg and Sweet William doesn't eat them, nor does he know where to find them in the store - HA! I figured I would just try making them this time out of desperation!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I figured June and Steve would be all over these babies. What a simple way to make a quick pickle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, they could not be easier and they are all mine - my hubs won't go near 'um!

      Delete
  3. Guess who came home yesterday with a dozen pint jars and a big hint? LOL

    ReplyDelete